Sunday, February 21, 2010

I am planning to ask a friend to bring a sim free sony ericsson cell phone from uk? Will that work in India


I am planning to ask a friend to bring a sim free sony ericsson cell phone from uk? Will that work in India?
Well my friend lives in UK. He coming back, I am thinking to ask him to bring T280 sony ericsson phone. He would buy it as the sim free. Which means it would work all the network of Uk. I want to really that would it work in India and with all network. Or would I have to unlock the country code so it works in India? Looking forward for immediate answers. Thanx
Cell Phones & Plans - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The phone will work in India, UK and India use the same GSM band but the simcard bought in the UK will NOT work/ be supported by any of the carriers in india. To make the phone work you'll need to "Unlock" it though if it's restricted to being used only with a specific carrier!