Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What is the process for copyrighting a literary/artistic work in India


What is the process for copyrighting a literary/artistic work in India?
I have written a short story that I need to copyright. I have been to http://copyright.gov.in/ and looked through the forms. Can someone break down the steps/process involved in simple terms for me? How should I go about it ??
Books & Authors - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
basically your work is already copyrighted - you have written it and the copyright automatically belongs to you. all filling in the forms will do is recording/registering that copyright and will enable you to prove that the copyright is yours go through the forms fill in all that you can until you come to something that you do not understand then come back and ask for help on that specific point - unfortunately it would take more space than is available here to give you advice on every part of the form