Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Will my Dell Inspiron charger work in India


Will my Dell Inspiron charger work in India?
I'm going to India soon and I'm not really sure what the voltage difference is from America. I've heard that it can fry a lot of American electronics. Is it all right to use my Inspiron 1545's Current charger while i'm in India or will I have to be without a computer?
Laptops & Notebooks - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You need to buy a A/C current travel adapter kit that has all the adapters for using your lap top and other electrical appliances be it a razor or what ever. If you use the lap top or any thing for US electric it will burn it out with out the correct travel adapter. Look here: http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=suggest&query_string=International+OR+travel+OR+power+OR+adapter+OR+kit+
2 :
Look at your power brick (charger, box) and look for information. If you see Input: 110-240V or something like that then you should be fine. Also depending on where you going you might want to get a socket A/B to socket C/D/M converter. Basicly the prongs are different.
3 :
unless you have done something completely out of line the Dell charging bricks are good from 90v>220v both 50 and 60 cycle. There should be no problem (I think I'd have fried one of mine by now with 20+ years of international work) Now don't expect to use power blocks for CD/DVD players and even check the AC phone charger you plan to use.
4 :
The voltage in India is 240v 50hz as against 110v in us. Most mains adapters have an input range of 100v to 240v. 50-60hz you may have to get a plug pin adapter though To be sure have a look at your mains adapter and see what the input voltage is. they all display it