Sunday, February 1, 2009

Does unlocked mobile phone bought in india work in US


Does unlocked mobile phone bought in india work in US?
I am planning to buy a samsung galaxy s mobile phone in India. Will the same work in US. Are there good data plans offered by carriers for unlocked phones ? What would be my options ? Please help. I already have an unlocked mobile phone and I am not looking to unlock. What I wanted to know is whether with the unlocked phone I have, will I get good data plans. Or will I be forced to take a data plan which will have a phone bundled.
Cell Phones & Plans - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes it works............As far as i know unlocking by codes is the simple and safe way. I will suggest the website Unlock-Zone.com which is doing good service and they were recommended highly in the cell phone forums. I used them to unlock my cell phone. contacted them and within 30 mins i had my unlock code and my phone was unlocked. Hope this helps.
2 :
Yes, it will work just fine on either T-Mobile or AT&T, which are America's GSM networks.