Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am thinking of outsourcing my web designing work to india


I am thinking of outsourcing my web designing work to india?
But why India, why not Phillipines, why not Sri lanka, why nor Pakistan.........The currency rate there is far less than indian rupee,,,, and work can be obtained cheaply........But am still skeptical about the quality of work offered in destinations other than India.......... Please tell me -- is there any other country where i can outsource my web designing needs.............
Small Business - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would recommend Eastern Europe (where I'm from). There is a variety of countries you may choose from: Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia. It's more expensive than India, but its Europe. You may find top designers for $25 per page.
2 :
if you dont mind im from philippines webdeveloper/programmer working outsourcing services. I recomend you to outsource from Philippines because it's very cheap, its only $20 per page. I can garantee the quality of work.
3 :
I think the issue is not one of outsourcing to which country. There are costlier alternatives from India, and low cost alternatives from the US. Find out if the person you give it to can deliver, comes with good recommendations/ credentials, and experience. And if the fee is right, go ahead. If you're a Microsoft or Walmart, though, the country could matter.
4 :
First I ask you counter question. 1. Why fortune 500 companies established sales office and development center in India? why not to Shri Lanka, Pakistan? 2. Are Indian knowledge worker costlier?
5 :
Why bother outsourcing it to another country. What can be done there can be done here. Ive tried it and it's a total nightmare, wait till you get to overseas tax etc. Rule of thumb; stick with a company you can physically visit within a few hours, it also improves communication, flow and design. Cannot see any designer in India taking photos of my clients goods or offices, unless I do the hard parts for em! Jx
6 :
Beyond a certain competence level, quality of a web job becomes subjective. Suggest you do not limit your outsourcing plan to a specific country. Try asking for actual work samples and decide on that basis.